June 18, 2013

IF THE HANGED MAN SPOKE


"I am in this position because I wish to be. It is I who cut off the branches. I have freed my hands of the desire to seize, to own, to cling. Without abandoning the world, I have retired from it. With me you can find the will to enter the state where the will no longer exists, where words, emotions, relations, desires, needs no longer bind you. To detach myself, I have cut all bonds save the one joining me to Consciousness. 

I have the sensation of eternally falling toward myself. I am looking for myself through the labyrinth of words. I am he who thinks and who is thought. I am not my feelings; I observe them from an intangible sphere where peace alone reigns. At an infinite distance from the river of desires, I know only indifference. I am not my body but the one who dwells inside it. To reach myself, I am a hunter who sacrifices his prey. I find burning action in infinite non action. 

I cross through pain to discover the strength of sacrifice. Little by little I undo everything in me that could be called 'me.' I reenter myself incessantly as if into an enchanted forest. I own nothing, I grasp nothing, I know nothing, I want nothing, I can do nothing. 

However, the entire universe crosses through me, arriving to fill me with its whirlwinds before leaving again. I am the infinite sky that lets the clouds pass by. What remains of me? A single gaze staring at nothing, aware of itself, which makes itself the last and ultimate reality. Then I explode into pure light. The 'I' becomes the axis of a total dance, the holy water where the thirsty come to drink. 

It is at this moment that I am the pure air that drives away the poisoned atmosphere. It is at this moment that my bound body becomes the cataclysmic source of eternal life. 

I am nothing more than the beat of the heart that propels beauty toward the borders of creation. I become the peaceful gentleness in all pain, ceaseless gratitude, the door that leads victims to ecstasy, the sloping path on which we slide toward the heights, the living light that circulates the darkness of the blood"

-Alejandro Jodorowsky

No comments:

Post a Comment